Right To Rent Landlord Training
The Immigration Act 2014 requires landlords in some areas of the Midlands to carry out checks on new tenants to ensure they have the Right to Rent in the UK. These checks have been criticised for being cumbersome, complicated and unnecessary. Despite this criticism, from February 2016 the scheme has been extended to all parts of the UK. IHI offer courses to landlords nationwide providing:
- an outline of the requirements of the Immigration Act 2014;
- penalties that can be incurred;
- what checks must be carried out to comply with the rules;
- how to proceed if you are uncertain that your tenant has the correct documentation; and
- landlords and tenant exemptions.
The three hour course costs £100 and includes a one year subscription to our email updates for landlords. Please contact us for more information on course dates in your area. Provide your information below for a no-obligation callback to discuss your requirements: